It´s frequent to associate the concept of sustainability to ceramic products, without deepening in the reasons that take us to this association of concepts. The use of ceramic materials in buildings since ancient times to nowadays is one of the indicators of the harmony in social, economic and environmental aspects of these materials, a basic requirement to consider “sustainable” any product.
However, to meet the demands of the administrations and consumers of obtaining information about the environmental benefits of the products in the market, Hispalyt has recently developed the following DAP of the different ceramic materials in their whole life cycle (since new-born to death), demonstrating that they offer the highest respect to the environment.
The phases of the life cycle that can be analysed in a DAP are:
- Product: supplying of raw materials, transport to the plant, and manufacturing.
- Construction: transport to construction site and setting.
- Use: using, maintenance, repairs, substitution, rehabilitation, energy consumption and water service.
- Life end: demolition, transport, residual treatment and elimination.
- Potential for reuse and recycle.
The ownership of this document based in a wide study, is for our national association Hispalit, and in consequence of Ladrillos Mora, S.L as their associate.